Finally! Some finished project photos. I have been terrible about taking them, just never seem to find a kid free/lightning friendly moment right now.
They came out great! Just what I needed. I used the Candace pattern purchased from SewingWithMe5 on etsy. The fabric I picked up about 5 years ago (I remember because I was pregnant with P) that I have been wanting to use for something fun like this. I made mine in a 9, which is a pretty snug fit. I for sure could have gone with the ten. I generally wear a 9-9.5 in shoes.
Instead of interfacing, as called for in the pattern, I used leftover batting bits. I used one layer in the top part and 2 layers of batting in the foot part. The top is great. I could have used another layer, or two even, in the foot part to make them squishier and comfy-er.
To keep myself from wood floor skating I decided to put some fabric paint on the bottoms (some Tulip Slick I had on hand). I went with hearts, since I decided trying to draw anchors would end in blobs and I have confidence in my fabric paint heart-drawing abilities. Works like a charm!
Overall the project was nice and easy and came together well and quick. I got them done in one day, with kiddos. Started during nap time, finished after the kiddos went to bed. The pattern was the shape I was looking for, and was a decent pattern, but it didn't include seam allowances on the pattern pieces (which is a huge pet peeve for me). Other than the pattern, everything was from my stash too, which I have decided to give myself a crafting gold star for. I should really make a star chart for myself.
Yeah, finished project! I keep showing in-progress photos but no finished photos, so go me.
Thanks for visiting me!