I put up my post about Presley and am just now feeling up to reading through the comments and emails I have received, since I read a few and burst into tears. Thank you so much to every one for the support and kindness you have shared. I am sorry not to have gotten back to every one, but know I appreciate every thing and the kind words mean so much.
I know I have posted a couple non-related posts since, so I thought I should do an update post. First of all, I have been working on writing 2 books for nearly two years. I got way behind with everything that has been going on, but FINALLY pushed through and got them turned in to my publisher 2 weeks ago now. Phew what a relief! The stress of having a project last that long, on top of everything else going on around here, was too much. And, now I have nothing on my plate ("nothing" work wise....) so I am getting to bring some of the projects I have been dreaming about the last couple years as I have been working on books to life. Like the Easter Chicks!
Presley went through his testing and though he showed as on the spectrum, he is showing issues in so many areas that the doctor decided to give him an "Undiagnosed Neuro-developmental Disorder" and an "Undiagnosed Social and Behavioral Disorder" and we will re-assess in a year. (PS: He ISN'T officially ADHD, one of his therapist said he for sure was, but we never got the "diagnostic packet" that goes with that, which I didn't realize at the time you needed for an official diagnosis. Big learning curve here!). He is currently in O/T twice a week, Speech Therapy (for social skills) once a week, and he and I are doing Parent/Child Training with a behavioral therapist once a week. We are on the waiting list for ABA (you can google it), which will be 2+ hours a week depending on what his evaluation shows he needs. So basically we are treating this like ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder), but not calling it that at this point. He has also been accepted into the Developmental Preschool in our school district, which he will hopefully start around the first of May, and then go to all of next year, and get an IEP set up for when he starts kindergarten. I have to say he seems to have turned a corner and is doing better, though I hate to say that out loud for fear I might jinx it! I am so glad to be getting him all this help, but I decided to go with a treatment facility that is about an hour from our house, so the kiddos and I are spending a lot of time in the car. A lot of time.
I am really not up to much else, P takes up 99% of my time and Wee* takes up the remaining 1%. Just getting the dishwasher loaded and unloaded and the laundry run takes me several hours, so it doesn't leave a lot of crafty time.Though I have been starting on some of the projects I have been wanting to do, I feel like I am out of crafting sync in many ways and have struggled to get through them. I made a pair of slippers and only finished one since when I tried it on it was tight-tight in the toes and falling off my heel. I started on a birthday quilt for Wee (his birthday was 3/5) but didn't have the right tools so I ordered them off Amazon, and then the mail person switched the parcel box keys with someone else who got packages the same day and here I am over a week after my package was supposedly delivered and I still haven't seen it. Though I have taken this as a sign from the Universe that I was probably trying to do too much and I should relax (which I have done), I don't feel right if I don't take at least a few minutes every day to get in some knitting/sewing/creating. This week my plan is to start on a present for my nephew's first birthday in May. It is nice and simple but I don't think I should tell you what it is since I think my family reads this.......I think it will go better than the last couple projects. Or at least I hope so!
So that's it for now. I am planning on blogging more (yes, you have heard this before, but this time I have said it AFTER a few posts have happened in a short time frame) because I would like a creative outlet and to connect with folks outside of my situation right now. Since I don't have a ton of time to get out to my knit groups, though I have made it to a few, I figure the blog is a good connecting place for right now. And to entice y'all to come connect with me I have a couple more free projects I've finished or are in the works. Win win!
Hope you had a lovely Easter! Craft talk soon-
* We call Maverick Wee since when he was a tiny babe and we were getting used to 2 kids we used to say, "Which one, the big one or the Wee one?" And since Presley is "P", they are P and Wee, so it fits. They've got a baby cousin named Trey who I am calling "T", since then its P, Wee, and T, but that's a whole other story.